Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Rutger de Bruijn
Rutger de Bruijn is the founder and CEO of NexusNovus and a leading international entrepreneur, specialising in waste management solutions for the Indian market. Mr. de Bruijn’s expertise is advising technology firms on entering or developing the Indian market, coaching project developers to move towards financial closure, and creating wealth for investors in the waste to energy portfolio.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer, NexusNovus
- Chief Operating Officer, NXT Group of Companies
- Chief Operating Officer, NXT International Advisory, BV
- Liaison, Waste2Value consortium
- Former Executive Board Member, Netherlands India Business Council (NCH)
- Former Director, Netherlands Indian Business Platform
2007 to Present
NexusNovus provides business consultancy, turnkey solutions, and merger & acquisition services.
- Created structured and de-risked opportunities in the waste-to-energy segment ready for equity investments.
- Leads the provision of consultancy and advisory services, trade representation and Holland House services offices.
- Generated triple-digit growth in revenue and profitability in two years following management buy-out.
- Holds a track record of hundreds of successful projects such as market research, feasibility studies, quick scans, and trade representation.
- Built a strong pan-India delivery network.
- Developed in-depth expertise over various segments such as waste management, water management, agriculture, healthcare, tooling.
- Successfully won various tenders in waste management sector.
- Created structured triple-A investment opportunities in waste-to-energy segment ready for equity investments.
2015 to 2018
A joint venture between NexusNovus and NXT Group of Companies providing business consultancy services like market entry consulting, market research and market positioning for companies expanding to growth markets.
- Leads the provision of consultancy and advisory services and Holland House services offices.
2015 to 2016
NXT Group is an organisation with expertise in the field of internationalisation and market-entry strategies with offices in The Netherlands, Turkey, and India. It was formed by a joint venture between NexusNovus and Trade & Investment Center, in 2015.
- Leads the provision of services in high-end consultancy, including strategy, market entry, market research and market positioning; trade representation; deal making; project development; and Holland House services offices.
- Drove 100% revenue growth in first year after merger.
2015 to Present
The Waste2Value (W2V) public-private partnership is a Dutch partner for local governments and companies in India offering time-tested sustainable waste management solutions and a realistic path to zero waste.
- Successfully worked as a liaison between the Netherlands and Indian governments and technology providers.
- Established working relationships with key government officials in India and the Netherlands.
- Delivered great marketing and promotional activities representing the W2V consortium.
- Lobbied for important changes in waste management rules and regulations in India to better protect the environment in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision on Swachh Bharat (Clean India).
2015 to 2016
The Netherlands India Business Council was established to increase the focus on trade and investment between India and the Netherlands.
- Provides strategic advice and facilitation to Dutch and foreign companies when required and, if applicable, to specialists and/or council members who were a part of NCH networks.
- Worked with the major chambers of commerce in India: FICCI (Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry), CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), WTC (World Trade Centre) network, and the All India Management Association (AIMA).
2012 to 2013
The Netherlands India Business Platform is a platform for entrepreneurs, founded by entrepreneurs, providing Dutch entrepreneurs with targeted expertise about the possibilities in the Indian market.
- Provided expertise in import and export, outsourcing of products and services, market research, market entry, representation, organising business trips, workshops, and seminars.
Master of Science in Management, 2006, Nyenrode Business University, the Netherlands.
- Best student in class; awarded study trip to India sponsored by Tata Consulting Services.
- 9/10 for the thesis, a biomedical-financial valuation of a new product, executed for Venture Capitalist Roel Pieper, a venture capitalist.
Master and Bachelor of Science in Medicine, 2005, Leiden University, the Netherlands.
- Completed the four-year course in medicine in a three-year long customised intensive programme instead while also completing biomedical sciences.
- Awarded 9/10 by supervisor for the thesis on stem-cell technology.
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences, 2005, Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Selected by professor to be student assistant
- Native: Dutch (Native), English (fluent), German (conversational), Hindi
- Conversational:(conversational), French (basic), and Spanish (Basic).